Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gavin Lalapoopa!


All of my kids have zapped me with poop at some point in their lives. It's not a pleasant experience. It's one of those things that you don't know about before you have kids. I thought I'd dodged the bullet with Gavin since he had yet to get me...until today.


We'd had a pleasant day with going to church, swimming, and napping. I'd sewn a pair of comfortable shorts and had just put them on to wear. Gavin woke up from his nap and I was feeding him a bottle. Taylor originally was going to do it but I offered to get the bottle.


I started to notice a smell and couldn't believe how bad it was. I looked down and saw it was no longer in his diaper but all over me. I don't know how it was possible but it was dripping out all over my new shorts. I was holding him standing up hollering for help. Taylor launched herself downstairs and I heard her yell, "Everyone upstairs to help." They all ran upstairs and started gagging and laughing. Taylor got a towel and she took him to the changing station. Dylan got me a package of wipes and a plastic bag so I could clean myself up. They kept saying, "Oh mom, you're new shorts." Bummer I know. I know I'll miss the kids when they leave me but I will not miss that!


At least it wasn't at the pool!

Here's a picture of him pooping at the pool but it was contained.

No comments: