Thursday, September 11, 2008

Liam's no good, rotten, terrible day.

I should have known when I woke up peacefully that I was going to pay for that later. Seriously, Liam had slept all night without a peep. He slept until 6:45 and then was happy to play instead of crying to get out. Breakfast went well! Then after breakfast I took Liam into my room to play while I put laundry away. We have this game where he stands on my bed and then I say, "No standing," and push him down back onto the pillows. He squeels with delight at this. Today we had done this a few times. Then, when my back was turned, he stood and ran off the bed and landed on his head on the hard wood floor. He cried and cried and I held him. No more bed fun for him!

Then I told the kids to be careful with Liam since I was already on concussion watch (my second mistake). Apparently when I say be careful the children interpret this to mean the opposite. Within a half hour Austin had tackled him on his bed and then Liam screamed bloody murder. Taylor brought him downstairs and Liam couldn't put any weight on his legs. He couldn't walk either. So it was on to the doctor for us. Fortunately he started to take some steps while we were there but we still had to go to the urgent care center to get xrays.

Since I'm pregnant they let Taylor stay in the room but I had to leave. He started screaming again when they laid him on the table. He had been chewing on a cracker and inhaled it and started choking. The tech sat him back up and tried to get him to spit it out but he refused. I had to go back there again to calm him down and then start the process all over again.

The xrays didn't show anything serious so we were allowed to go home. By the time we got home he was walking better but he still stumbles a little. He's tired from all the crying too. I'm thankful it wasn't worse but I'm praying for a more peaceful afternoon!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wow, when it rains, it pours, Wendy! POOR LIAM!!!!!