Monday, December 3, 2007

Gingerbread house day

What was Liam doing? Hiding under a table!
This is, of course, why they want to make one. They can't wait to eat it.

At one point Bill had a large exhale. I think it was when all of the kids were talking at once, Liam was fussing and I pulled out the camera and said, "I need more pictures for my blog!"


Applying the candy is hard work.



The icing can be tricky to apply. Taylor's doing her best to be careful.










Every year we have a tradition at Christmas time to make a gingerbread house together. Mom buys us the kit and then Bill purchases extra icing and candy to sweeten the deal. As you can see they are very serious about their gingerbread house. Bill has to explain the rules, "Go slow, take your time."




















This was Liam's favorite part of the day...bouncing with a metal spoon! YEah! Everyone ended on a happy note and it didn't take long for the gingerbread house to disappear.





1 comment:

Dana & Ryan said...

Cute pics.

What fun! I can't wait til our girls are old enough!

Funny...I didn't even know you had this tradition even though I've been around for awhile. I think it might have something to do with its quick disposal!