Friday, May 30, 2008

Adventures in cloth diapering or how to shut down the swimming pool!

Well, I've had a pretty gross day. Since I'm on my cloth diapering kick I decided to invest the $14.95 on a swim diaper. Have I mentioned that Liam poops like clockwork? Always at 1 pm and 7, that is...until today. We belong to a private swim club with three different pools. I was in the 3 ft pool with him when he got cold. I had him sitting on the side of the pool to warm up from being cold. As he stood up I noticed dripping. At first I thought, no it can't be, but then I saw it...wet, dripping poo. What do I do? If I took him to the stroller he'd drip the entire way. My friend Christine was there and she quickly ran to get a towel. I scooped and ran (well...waddled) into the bathroom with him. I then took him to the showers and washed him up. Christine then ran to get my diaper bag but guess what? No diaper. I remembered there was a disposable on in the basket of my stroller so off she ran to get it.

After we took care of him we told the pool staff about it and they poured bleach all over where we'd been. My kids told me they shut down the pool where we were. How embarrassing! Now I know that nothing probably would have contained that mess but man! What a gross out. I'm so grateful that Christine was there or I'd have never made it!

3 comments:

Dana & Ryan said...

Definitely glad Christine was there for you! Just think if I had come over, Liam's poop would have been contained at home :) I did get through the day by the way--- I was desperate enough to take them all three to Aldis!!! Glad you ended up having a spare diaper! Oh...the stories moms have.

Anonymous said...

But, oh what FUN we had Wendy! It will be a day I won't forget, inaugurating a new swim/pool season with friendship and poop :) Hee-hee-hee!And what a better, sweet friend and adorable baby to do it with...
This is my first time to your blog! SOOOOOOO cute! I love it! How fun! Glad to finally get to meet your dad, even if it is only in pictures...that was a funny story.

Jim Rooks said...

Hey, you handled this situation with your great sense of humor that I've loved your whole life. You are just awesome! Hey, with 3 boys and another on the way, more good times ahead. 10 years from now you and Dana will double over with gut-busting laughs remembering that day. Your very proud dad