Sunday, May 24, 2009

Big boy pants!


It's been almost a week at potty training and so far so good. I must explain that I do it in a rather unconventional way. At one year I introduce the potty. We start giving m n m's for anything that makes it in the potty. Usually by 2 he and the others are going regularly about 5-6 times a day. I then take the kids shopping for underpants and that day they start wearing them. From then on we just bring changes of clothes wherever we go. Taylor was the easiest. She only had one accident the first day and then one about a month later on vacation. Austin took a month, Dylan took 9 months.
I wasn't sure what to expect from Liam. He was willing to go regularly 5-6 times a day like the rest of them, poop included. THe first day we had about 8 accidents...not real good. He kind of started to freak out about using the potty. After that though each day has been getting better. Today he only had 3 accidents and even ran up to Bill and said, "Daddy, I have to go poop!" Yeah! He even made it too! Liam's been enjoying the extra attention that he's been getting from me. Poor Gavin gets fed and played with by the other kids more so he really doesn't know what to do. All in all I'm glad with the way things are going. He has such a big smile on his face, especially when he's wearing Spider-man ones. What a great milestone.
I love potty training!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Sam LOVES his Spiderman undies, too!
I haven't been totally switching out of diapers yet, because we've been spending a lot of time at my friends house and I know she just freaks inside when there is pee or poop somewhere, lol. I don't want him having an accident on her couch or carpet.
However, I have no real plans this week that I can't just make the switch.
What are you doing at night? I have bedwetters, so I can't just do the switch. Sam seems to do pretty well staying dry several nights a week, so I may give it a try, but since he sleeps in MY bed, I am not really excited about trying it, lol.

Melanie Wilson said...

Wanna teach my kid if you love it? lol