Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sickness update.

Well, I'm slowly on the mend here with whatever we've caught. It's been awful. I've had three days of not caring whether I or anyone else lived or died. Friends brought by food and Bill stayed home Friday to take care of the kids since I couldn't get out of bed.

Gavin's still got a high fever. He's going on almost a week now being feverish. The docs took chest xrays yesterday and said his lungs looked great but that his head was full of mucous so they gave me some stuff to dry up the mucous and also amoxicillin to prevent infection. I hope that helps because he's just so miserable. I miss seeing him smile and try to suck on his toes. Now he just lays there with watery eyes and moans in misery. If he feels as bad as I did then I'm sure he's not too happy about being here either.

Dylan's now bedridden and Austin's got a sore throat. Taylor's still asleep so I hope that doesn't mean she's in for a second round. She is almost a teen so maybe she's discovering the benefit of sleeping in.

As nasty as this is I'm very thankful that it's temporary. I really feel for the parent with a chronically or fatally ill child. I can't imagine what that would be like. It's so stressful with what we have so that would just be horrible.

Thanks for the prayers I can tell people have been saying them. I slept for the first time last night in a long time.

No comments: