Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trying new things

My family is in the process of trying new things. Taylor's trying her hand at yearbook class this year. Austin's got a babysitting job. Dylan's doing an art class with a professional art studio. Liam tries getting his poop in the potty. And Gavin's trying to pull up on everything.

Me? In addition to keeping up with all the change here I'm trying to organize my house (not easy and definitely going slowly at that one), planning school one month at a time, coordinating schedules, trying to bake gluten free stuff for me and Taylor (in front of my very sceptical husband who doesn't believe it makes much difference), and lastly I'm doing sewing jobs for people.

I'm repairing a wedding dress for one lady, a backup for another lady in case the first one's too much money, and a guy just asked me to make a weatherproof table cover. I enjoy learning how to do new things and really enjoy making them for people. I met one couple one time that had me make this guy some magic pants. They were so fun to talk to and I was able to do a good job on them. He swore me to secrecy on the pants so I can't divulge any more details.

Sometimes my head swims at all the things I'm trying to do. I keep hearing the Lord say, "Hey, slow down....look at Me!" I tell Him, "Okay, but first let me do thing one, two and three!" I know, it's a problem for me. I do things for the approval for others but then neglect the One I am supposed to be serving. I worry about other's approval but not the Lord's. Why is that?

I guess at this point I feel unfocused and a bit loopy but that's to be expected. I'm taking the week off this week to recoop and ask Him, "What are YOur priorities for me today? This week? This year?" I have the feeling His list looks different than mine.

No comments: